- Counseling Services Unit (CSU)
- Legal Resources Foundation (LRF)
- National Constitutional Assembly (NCA)
- Zimbabwe Lawyers for Human Rights (ZLRH)
- Zimbabwe Peace Project (ZPP) (Chairing)
The activities of this taskforce focus on research into electoral issues including electoral reforms and the voters’ roll, which has long been identified as one of the key problem areas in the electoral process in Zimbabwe. The taskforce also seeks to promote and advocate for good practices in the whole electoral process of Zimbabwe.
The overall objective of this programme is to promote the creation of a legal framework and election culture conducive for free and fair elections.
The programme’s specific objectives are:
- To promote and engage in peaceful dialogue on election related issues.
- To provide fair and objective information and analyses on election related issues.
- To increase the capacity of local, regional and international stakeholders to understand election issues in Zimbabwe.
- To equip citizens with information and skills necessary to advance their knowledge on election issues in Zimbabwe
Electorate, women, youth, students, labour organisations, church and religious organisations, government officials and policy makers; electoral management bodies; Parliament; local leadership; traditional leaders, political leadership, parties, researchers and any other stakeholders.
- Research (research papers, opinion polls and surveys, shadow reports, simplification of election legislation, reform recommendations; compliance audits of regional and international standards);
- Advocacy (meetings around lobbying and advocacy on issues such as lobbying for monitoring status to be accorded to civil society, workshops, conferences, reform recommendations, etc.);
- Analysis of election finances and advocacy for equitable distribution (budgetary monitoring etc.);
- Publicity activities (public meetings, debates, lectures, workshops, seminars, conferences, interactive fora etc.); and
- Code of Conduct in election activities.
Key Result Areas
Under the Plan, the following results will be sought:
- Increased community awareness.
- Vibrant, active and responsible citizenry resulting in good governance.
- Increased public participation in deliberating on and pressing for electoral reforms.
- Adoption of meaningful electoral reforms.
- Improved electoral systems, practices and processes.